Our next regular meeting is on Wednesday May 14, 2014, from 7 pm to 9 pm. Our meetings are the second Wednesday of the month.
Everyone is welcome, current members, new members and guests. We are meeting at Earthly Goods Quilting – 4115 – 106 Street, Edmonton.
The meeting will include:
- A demonstration on a binding tool by Marie-Claire
- Mystery Quilt. Bring along what you have finished from last time.
- Show and tell
- We are sharing our progress on our Modern quilt project – We are making quilts, baby size or larger, that explore the definition of Modern Quilting of the Modern Quilt Guild – click here to go to the definition. If you like, bring your progress and share your challenges or views. Like all challenges of our guild, participation is at your option.
- The MQG Michael Miller Fabric Challenge – pick up your fabric if you have not yet done so, feel free to bring along your progress to show and/or discuss
- Other Old or New business
The MQG has moved the deadline for the Michael Miller Fabric Challenge to July 25, 2014. You will need to post a photo of your finished project in the MQG forums, so if you have not yet been online to the MQG site, it’s time to do so. You may make anything quilted, you can add any additional Michael Miller fabrics and you can add any solids you like to the challenge.
Remember to bring your name tags!
We have more Sew Days booked as well: May 24. Please confirm your wish to attend with Ioleen – these dates might be booked right now but check with her in case things have changed.