Our next regular meeting on Wednesday November 13, 2013, from 7 pm to 9 pm. Our meetings are the second Wednesday of the month.
Everyone is welcome, current members, new members and guests. We are meeting at Earthly Goods Quilting – 4115 – 106 Street, Edmonton.
The meeting will include:
- Fabric bag swap. The theme is snowpersons and there are no other rules – be creative and have fun. To participate, make a bag and take another home. Although you can make any bag you like, the discussion was around drawstring or gift bags. There are many tutorials and patterns available on the internet. A popular and easy tutorial by Jeni Baker who blogs at In Color Order is here.
- The next instalment on our Mystery Quilt project. Bring along what you have finished from last time and your fabric choices to share.
- There may be an update on the logo, I’m not sure.
- The Modern Quilt Guild membership cards have arrived and will be handed out at the meeting.
- Paper piecing demo. This will be a quick demo of a couple of approaches for those who are having some difficulties. Come ready with your questions or to share your tips and tricks.
- Show and Tell.
- Other new business.
Remember to bring your name tags!
Give some thought to a modern quilt challenge that the group might want to undertake in the new year.
I hope to see you there. If you have questions feel free to email me at shecanquilt [at] gmail.com.
See you at the meeting,