For the first 2013 meeting bring along:
- show and tell – anything that you have finished or are working on that you would like to share. The pictures you see in this post are all from the December meeting show and tell. Click any picture to get more information about it.
- your name tag, if you made one last month remember to bring it and for the new members or those catching up, the December challenge was to make a name tag that reflects your style – we hope you will make one too.
- bring your ideas for the EMQG logo – this is the January challenge and there is a bit more information below.
- bring any of your quilts that you would like photographed for the blog or our flickr page. Leanne will bring her camera and some lights so we can take some nicer photos.
New members and visitors are always welcome, and there are no fees to join. Free parking is available behind the building and please enter via the back alley door which is open about 6:45 p.m.
Information for the EMQG logo:
- You can bring you idea in digital or paper format.
- Keep in mind the principles of the Modern Quilt Guild movement which you can find at the Modern Quilt Guild blog (click here) when you are considering design and colour.
- Take a look at some of the logos from other Modern Quilt Guild chapters which are linked on the front page of the Modern Quilt Guild blog (click here).
- Remember it is a logo so it can be stylized.
- Look at the size of the logo for the Modern Quilt Guild which is on the sidebar. That is about the size that the logo will be most used so bear that in mind when sizing design elements.
For those members who want to contribute blocks to a community quilt(s) for the African Charity Project, instructions and a small tutorial will be posted tomorrow. Bring as many blocks as you have time to make to the January and February meetings.
In the meantime, feel free to add your photos of your projects to our flickr group (click here). If you are not sure how to get onto flickr, take a look at the tutorials which are under the tutorial tab on this blog under the blog header or click here.
If you have any questions, leave a comment or send a quick e-mail to: email@example.com