How to Join Flickr
– Go to http://www.flickr.com
– At the top, click the heading that says Sign Up
– If you have a Yahoo ID or Yahoo email and want to use it for your quilting flickr identity you can enter it and sign into Yahoo.
– If you want to create a new identity, click create new account at the bottom. Follow the instructions to join Yahoo. You will need to have an email name in mind when you start.
– Once you have signed into Yahoo, then you create your flickr name. This will be your name on flickr, so give some thought to the name you would like to go by in the quilting community. If your preferred name is taken, you can add things like some numbers or other words to it until you get an acceptable name.
After you are signed into flickr you will be taken to your home page.
To join a flickr group
– Type the name of the group in the search box at the top right. Eg. type Edmonton Modern Quilt Guild
– At the next page look above the search box and click Groups
– You will see the group come up, click it.
– At the top of the page you will see the group name in bold, and under it in blue there is a Join this group link. Click it.
– You will be asked if you want to join the group. Click yes.
– Now you are a member of the Edmonton Modern Quilt Guild flickr group.
How to share you picture in the Edmonton Modern Quilt Guild flickr group
– Go to your flickr photostream and click on the picture you want to add to the group.
– At the top left of the photo, click on the Actions tab and then click “Add to a group”.
– The flickr groups you have joined will be listed. Click on the Edmonton Modern Quilt Guild group.
– A checkmark will appear once the photo has been added to the group.
– Click done at the bottom of the pop up window.
– On the right of your photo part way down there is a title that says “This photo also appears in” and you should now see the Edmonton Modern Quilt Guild listed there.
– You can add your photo to any other groups in the same way.