13 2.5″ strips of fabric (can vary in length from 5″ to 18″ depending on were in the block you want them)
1. Using your 45 degree mark on your cutting mat or ruler cut the end off one of you strips to give you a small triangle.
2. Take another 2.5 strip and line it up along the edge a ridge of the triangle (right sides together) and sew together. Press open.
3. Take a third 2.5 strip and along it along the edge with the seam from joining the first two (it will attache to both strips. Sew and press open.
4. Repeat this alternating the side that you add the new strip on each time.
5. Once the block is over 13″ wide in across the bottom you can start trimming so your strips do not need to be as long. I put my overlap “center” area of the design more to one side, but you can put it however you would like.
6. Continue adding strips until the block is at least 13″ wide and 13″ tall. Trim off to make a 12.5″ square block.
That is all there is to it, congrats you are done your block for the month!
If you are just joining us check out our previous blocks here. Remember next month is our last month before we assemble!