Our next regular meeting is on Wednesday June 11, 2014, from 7 pm to 9 pm. Our meetings are the second Wednesday of the month.
Everyone is welcome, current members, new members and guests. We are meeting at Earthly Goods Quilting – 4115 – 106 Street, Edmonton.
The meeting will include:
- Mystery Quilt. Bring your finished project to show off
- Show and tell
- Continued discussion about formal leadership positions for the guild and how that can be accomplished
- Wendy P. will present her research and suggestions on a retreat
- The MQG Michael Miller Fabric Challenge – pick up your fabric if you have not yet done so, feel free to bring along your progress to show and/or discuss
- QuiltCon registration opens on June 24 at 10 a.m. CST (which I think is 9 am here). Members get a 15% discount. The classes will fill quickly, so register early if you are going.
- Other Old or New business
The MQG has moved the deadline for the Michael Miller Fabric Challenge to July 25, 2014. You will need to post a photo of your finished project in the MQG forums, so if you have not yet been online to the MQG site, it’s time to do so. You may make anything quilted, you can add any additional Michael Miller fabrics and you can add any solids you like to the challenge. You will need to post your finished project under Forum – MQG Fabric Challenges – Finished Michael Miller Fabric Challenge at http://www.modernquiltguild.com.
Do NOT wait until July 25 to sign in for the first time and learn how to upload photos. If you are stuck, ask for help sooner and you can always email Leanne at shecanquilt (at) gmail (dot) com for help but please do that earlier rather than later.
Remember to bring your name tags!
We have more Sew Days booked as well: July 12 and Aug 16. Please confirm your wish to attend in advance – these dates might be booked right now but check with her in case things have changed.