The group has decided to make blocks for a community quilt (or quilts) for the Africa Charity Project. If you have time, please make some blocks to bring to the February EMQG meeting.
1. Cut one 4.5″ square and two strips 2.5″ x 4.5″ and two strips 2.5″ x 8.5″. A 2.5″ x 26″ strip will be just sufficient to make all four pieces. You can use charm squares for the centre, just trim them down to 4.5″ squares.
2. Piece the 2.5″ x 4.5″ strips to the square. Press.
3. Piece the 2.5″ x 8.5″ strips to the unit. Press.
4. Admire your block, if you have time make some more.
5. Bring you block(s) to February EMQG meeting.
We will make as many quilts as the blocks received allow.
Pick bright, unisex fabrics – think teenage boy – with geometric or interesting patterns and a variety of colours. Please avoid red and black.
Thank you and let me know if you have any questions.
shecanquilt [at] gmail [dot]com